Follow The Leader

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Advertising References

So to better get ideas on how to market to mothers  I googled images of companies that market directly towards moms, companies like Pampers, Huggies, Johnson and Johnson, Tide  lalala. I didn't get alot of great ideas from the image search so I decided to visit sites for parents like Made For Mums,  and Today's Parent  . Once in a parent community site there was of  a lot of banner advertisements. Unfortunately since they were mini commercials or slides in a sequence i was unable to post them however i got some good ideas.  Green Works whose parent company is Clorox, has pretty much narrowed in on mothers, further more mothers wanting to make a difference for their children. They have even partnered with different environmental institutions to do so and promote healthy lifestyle changes.

So i tried to find the lanugage that these companies used to cummunicate with their consumers. While they range they can be catergorized by sentimental (lighter colors more pastel) or kid constructed looking either humors or informative and usually have bright colors with simple shapes.





These are images that i pulled from for my compositions

1 comment:

  1. Ariel - you are working really well. Now lets see all that hard work posted on your blog - roughs etc. So I believe you went with the idea of setting the words on a children's art table made out of the plastic objects and then the recyclable/ biodegradable ones. I would suggest you do a few dummy runs of the the photo shoot to make sure it is working. talk to the children's center on campus. Try a lot of different objects for each sections - Photograph as aerial view perhaps. angela

    ReplyDelete